Wednesday, April 7, 2010

AFTERSCHOOL: SPRING 2010

What an interesting collection of kids I have here!
Gina is Maya's(from gr4) little sister, Tom lived in Florida and has an American uncle in Miami, Jacob is the typical turn-your eyelids inside-out kind of clown kid (just like Brian was last year, Wendy seems to be pretty new to English; Allie, Cedrick, Jack and Judy all obviously have been studying English for a long time and go to Hagwon.

It's clear to me that I'm going to have to scrap all (or most) of my grade 3 plans and start anew--higher up; because this crowd of kids is pretty adept. Still, they are young--grade 3, and I want to keep it fun, learn LOTS of new vocabulary, and do a lot of crafts and games. I intend to treat this like a conversations/activity camp-class.

Watch out new little thirdies; I have high expectations of you!

today we drew pictures of ourselves and shared them, then did my favorite action-name game. next week we'll play the sheet drop game: you are CEDRICK! and add to it some vocab: emotions? Cedrick is happy! sad! excited! etc...etc...

Much love,
Sus

No comments:

Post a Comment