Monday, June 29, 2009

6/30/09 Class review: I,ME, MY continued

Oh my goodness these kids are so smart, but they are so young, and they have a LOT of energy!!!!!! it is like doing kindys all over again, sometimes. But it can be a lot of fun, too. like today.

1st, attendence. I called each student and asked them to do something: stand up, sit down, look, listen....things we've learned in class. just so each kid gets a chance to be put on the spot. this class works best when I can focus them into a circle, tables kindof stink with them.

2nd, move into a circle and review our vocabulary.
I have a PLUM.
It belongs to ME.
This is MY plum.


3rd. I brought PLUMS with me. pulled out the feelings cards, and made a drama activity even more fun. One student stands in the circle, and they see a feelings card (e.g; ANGRY) and then they must perform the vocab. script in that tone. KUDOS to Jessica for giving a wonderful ANGRY plum performance, and Rory for giving a sad performance.

finally, a short reading/paperwork activity from "What kids should know to read 1st grade"
line up and say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment